Manager Finance & Control
Overall purpose Finance & Control Department
The objective of the Finance & Control (F&C) department is to ensure all financial aspects of the companies’ current and future operations are planned, executed, controlled and reported accurately, efficiently and in accordance with internal group and external local accounting standards and regulations. In addition, the department has to ensure all areas of corporate governance are adequately controlled and are transparent.
The F&C department should also act as a business partner for the management and functional departments by creating financial business plans and budgets/ forecasts and measuring financial performance against these. It sets the KPI framework providing insight how business activities drive the financial performance.
About the job
Area of Work: Vlaardingen, Zuid-Holland
Working hours: Full Time
Esther de Brabander
Overall purpose of the role
The Manager Finance & Control (MFC) contributes in optimizing the operational result. The MFC manages the F&C department, keeps an overview, jumps in hands on and has a broad experience in the areas of operational and financial business processes, accounting, financial performance management, budget & cost control, legal & risk management and IT management.
The MFC reports directly (solid line) to the Managing Director and indirectly (dotted line) to the Finance Department in Hamburg (group accounting manager and CFO). The MFC is a member of the local management team and works closely together with the other managers responsible for the execution of the strategy and daily management of the company. The MFC will constantly strive to provide the most relevant management information to the business and challenge his peers on processes and costs. He/she will implement a clear business process framework that will support all key business processes of the company.
Areas of responsibility
- Manage, supervise and support the finance & control team
- Guard, improve, develop and implement systems and procedures to maintain an efficient and effective financial administration
- Analyse business process in order to align financial processes (order to cash, invoice to pay)
- Lead and supervise General Ledger accounting, reconciliations and cash flows
- Lead and supervise the monthly, quarterly and annual closings, reporting & analyses
- Supervise AR and AP to ensure timely collection of credits and payment of invoices
- Ensure accurate and timely VAT, Corporate Tax and Wage Tax declarations
- Ensure accurate and timely payrolling salaries and wages, WKR
- Ensure accurate and timely group accounting, reporting and consolidation
- Manage relevant supportive parties; accountants, fiscalists, suppliers, customers
- Develop business insights through Power BI
- Manage IT services, close consultation with central IT department
- Manage insurance port-folio
Experience and knowledge
- Masters degree in Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years working experience, including 5 years as a Finance Manager in organizations based on selling time and materials
- Thorough understanding of ERP Microsoft Business Central Dynamics365, cost-accounting and project-accounting, work in progress, billings hours and materials
- Experience with optimizing existing processes and procedures and implementing innovations
- Experience with acting as a business partner to functional management in improving the efficiency of processes and use of resources.
- Manage Power BI datasets and being able to build reports
- Basic knowledge IFRS 16
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Fluency in written and oral German is an advantage
Competencies / personality
- Natural Leadership: Strong entrepreneurial leader with a natural authority and a “can-do attitude”, has a pro-active and creative approach, is a self-starter, takes initiative, possesses persuasiveness, and can motivate his team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills applicable for multi-cultural settings and communication with executive, managerial and staff level. Way of communication: open and transparent, able to challenge colleagues in a positive way, a down to earth person who can bring a consistent and concise message
- Team player/independent: gets respect based on his/her know-how and personality. Team player who is not afraid to confront and take an independent position and challenge others in the organization to achieve a common goal
- Realist/hands-on: aware of own limitations, has a good sense of humor with a stable and reliable personality. Forward looking, focus on main drivers. Willing to crunch Power BI, Excel or MBCD systems by herself/ himself if needed
- Pleasant working atmosphere, open culture and short, informal lines of communication
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions in accordance with collective labor agreement Construction & Infra
- Salary package dependent on knowledge and experience up to € 110k a year based on 40 hours per week.
- 20 holidays
- 10 Roostervrij (reduced working hours) days
- Excellent pension scheme with non-contributory top-up pension
- Company car or mobility allowance
- ICT resources (laptop, mobile phone)
Send your cover letter and CV as soon as possible to:
Muehlhan, the specialist in steel conservation, scaffolding and rope access. Entrepreneurship and innovation has brought direction and growth to Muehlhan over the decades. Yet our company philosophy has always remained the same; the pursuit of perfection and the highest possible quality!
Muehlhan has been active in steel preservation in the Netherlands since 1969. This makes Muehlhan Nederland the first subsidiary of the German Muehlhan Group. Muehlhan stands for professional service, technical skill, innovation and reliability. With patented solutions for grit recycling (µ-arc), combined grit and ultra-high water pressure blasting system (µ-jet) and our floating steel preservation system (strahl-o-matic) Muehlhan has unique solutions!
We use the highest quality materials from Layher for our scaffolding projects.